Tagliatelle With Zucchini, Peas And Basil Cream
Zucchini pasta, with peas and basil cream: a easy Italian recipe for a tagliatelle dish that will freshen up any summer meal!
Preparation time 15 m
Cooking time 10 m
Recipe yield 4 servings
Zucchini 300 g
Oil 30 ml
Salt To taste
Pepper To taste, freshly ground
30% fat cream 100 ml
Milk 200 ml
Chicken broth 200 ml
Basil 1 bunch
Butter 30 g
Flour 30 g
Peas 150 g, frozen
Tagliatelle 400 g
Parmesan 100 g, grated
Lemon juice 15-30 ml
1. Wash, trim and dice the zucchini.
2. Heat the oil and quickly saute the zucchini for about 2 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix the cream, milk and stock.
5. Wash the basil, shake dry and pick the leaves from the stalks.
6. Puree the basil leaves with about 75 ml of the cream mixture and set aside.
7. Heat the butter until it foams, stir in the flour and cook for a minute or two without browning.
8. Stir the rest of the cream mixture into the roux and bring to a boil.
9. Add the peas and simmer for about 2 minutes.
10. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente.
11. Stir the grated cheese into the sauce.
12. Add the diced zucchini, basil puree and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
13. Serve with the drained pasta.
Recipe from FineDiningLovers.com