DetailsProducts are ordered straight from Joyce Foods. Order dates for arrival to our warehouse is as follows:
All orders will then be shipped from our warehouse to you via chosen shipping method. Product will be frozen for shipping purposes.
- Monday orders before 12:00 will arrive to us on Thursday.
- Tuesday orders will arrive to us on the following Monday.
Poussin Rouge Fermier Du Piedmont
- An original Label Rouge rustic breed from France
- Never before grown in the U.S.
- Grown following Label Rouge standards
- Air chilled
- Grown on small farms in Piedmont, N.C.
- No antibiotics, hormones, growth stimulants
- Fed all-grain diet with no animal byproducts
- Regarded as the chicken with the finest culinary qualities in the world
- Enhanced flavor, great meat texture, very thin skin
- Available effilé (with head and feet attached)
POUSSIN ROUGE FERMIER (Red Heritage Chick): The Poussin Rouge Fermier is a younger version of the Poulet Rouge Fermier, usually slaughtered at around 1 month old.
In North America, all commercial, natural and organic chickens are produced from very similar genetic stock, which are fast growing, white feathered birds that grow to 5-7 lbs in about 6 weeks. Although this bird is very efficient in feed conversion and growing time, it lacks the culinary qualities of birds grown in specialty programs in Europe and other parts of the world.
For the past three years Joyce Foods has bred, hatched, grown, and processed a chicken that we believe may be the best in the world in culinary characteristics such as flavor, meat texture, and skin. It is a slow growing, rustic breed that has been preserved in France for use in their Label Rouge program, a program regarded throughout Europe as representing the best meats and poultry. Although Label Rouge chickens command a price 2 to 3 times higher than commercial chickens in France, these birds make up 30% of the chicken market.
Not only is our breed an authentic Label Rouge breed, we have duplicated most of the Label Rouge program from breeding, hatching, growing, and processing. Some very prominent French chefs in America have verified that the bird we are producing is equal to or better than the same bird in France. This chicken has a deep chicken flavor, a firmer meat texture than other chickens in the U.S. and a very thin skin.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Part Number 210358