Panettone is a Italian bread prepared for the holidays. This Christmas cake is enjoyed around the world for dessert; today we're sharing, through a site we're big fans of (Living The Gourmet), a recipe to enjoy Panettone for breakfast too. Panettone French Toast! It's sweet and delicious, I've personally enjoyed this for years around Christmas with some extra panettone I've had in the house.
Panettone French Toast
YIELDS 4 SERVINGS
5 min Prep Time | 8 min Cook Time | 13 min Total Time
- 1 - 17.6 oz. Panettone
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter for greasing the griddle
- Syrup or Honey
- Confectioner's Sugar or Cinnamon Sugar for dusting
- In a shallow dish, beat milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slice Panettone ¼ - ½ inch thick.
- Dip each slice into the milk and egg mixture.
- Heat griddle with a pat of two of butter.
- Place the Panettone on the griddle. When one side is golden, flip and finish cooking on the other side.
- Serve this dish with a pat of butter syrup or honey and powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar dusted on top.
Recipe Courtesy of livingthegourmet.com